BRITISH SKI TOUR OPERATORS TARGET NORWAY
Thomson, Crystal and Neilson are just three of the top ski operators who are offering package deals in Norway, this season. This not only has the potential of expanding the ski season into May thanks to the more Northern, colder Norwegian ski resorts but will also mean eyemasks are essentia kitl to sleep during the longer day light hours in the spring and, also, for those eye-wateringly expensive apres beers.
According to Neilson these are the 10 good reasons for skiing in Norway:
- Snowsure resort for long seasons, due to Norway ski resorts’ northerly latitude there’s great snow right through to Easter and beyond.
- Space on the mountain – Geilo is far less crowded, even on peak dates compared to many European destinations
- Friendly and efficient service – the locals love the English and are genuinely happy to welcome them in their resorts
- Superb ski school – we receive excellent feedback year after year from our guests that have taken tuition in Geilo. Beginners are well catered for too with small group sizes and easily accessible learner slopes.
- Something special – try somewhere different, off the well beaten track
- Saunas – there are many opportunities to stay in a hotel or cabin that offers a sauna for a real taste of Scandinavia
- Style – there’s no disputing that the Scandinavians have a natural flair for interior design
- Log cabins – you don’t get them in many other places outside Norway & Sweden. People love them with all the wood finishing and cosy interiors
- Neilson Chalets which offer a private sauna and / or out door hot tub (check out our Geilo catered ski chalets)
- Pre-bookable Activities – there are so many things to do when you are not skiing in Norway - husky dog safaris, dinner in a teepee, sliding activities, sleigh rides & nature park visits.
And if that's not enough, skiing in Norway also offers:
- Great facilities for children - Look out for the best family accommodation and resort options
- Vestlia Resort, Geilo, Norway - perfect for families
- Some of, if not the best cross-country skiing areas in the world
- Cross Country and Telemark Skiing tours. Exclusive pre-bookable cross country packages
Meanwhile, Thomson Ski are offering Norway for the first time declaring "when it comes to superb snow quality, perfectly groomed runs and very reliable snow you can’t beat Norway. It’s a beginner and intermediate’s paradise, with resorts like Geilo and Hemsedal having some great runs for the more advanced skier too. Whichever resort you choose expect quiet slopes, friendly people (who can speak English worryingly well), great food and incredible winter activities – from dog sledding in the wilderness to treetop activities.Crystal is reintroducing the ski resorts of Geilo, Hemsedal and Beitostølen in Norway to this winter’s programme."
And, Crystal Ski are also jumping on the sledge, reintroducing the three most popular resorts into their winter programme:
Geilo a traditional “chocolate-box” village at the heart of Norway’s winterland region with ski areas on both sides of the valley. It offers 40 pistes to suit mainly intermediate and beginner skiers, several snow parks and over 220km of cross country tracks.
Hemesdal renowned as the biggest ski area in Norway with an excellent snow record, offers a huge diversity of terrain, some convenient slope-side lodging and good children’s nursery slopes.
Beitostolen located in the Jotunheimen National Park offers a well planned and efficient lift network, a high quality English speaking ski school and gentle, confident building slopes for families, beginners and low intermediates. There is plenty for children from the Ski Fun Land to the special sledge lift, mini-snowmobiles, husky sledding and floodlit night skiing.
The weekly flights from Gatwick to Fagernes will operate from Sunday 22 December 2013 until 16 March 2014 as the final inbound.
Trevor De Villiers, international sales & marketing director, Norway , comments:
“Following an absence of almost five years, we’re delighted to welcome Crystal Ski back to our ski resorts. Flying direct from London Gatwick to Fagernes Airport, Crystal will offer the customers what must be some of the shortest ski transfers in Europe – only 45 minutes to Beitostølen. We have enjoyed charter services for almost 20 years from the UK, and I know that our loyal customers will welcome the return of the UK’s No1 ski operator to Norway."